Friday, July 27, 2007

La la la la

Whew! Have had so much to do lately, and not enough time! I really need to get my hiney moving, its funny how when the kids are home all day, you don't get much chance to create.

A friend of ours is self publishing a set of short stories that he's written, and he's asked me to do the illustrations. I thought that would be OK, as I could sketch outside while the kids are in the pool. The kids have different ideas! Every 30 seconds or so, my 5 year old yells, "Mom, do you want to see me do the mermaid or the crab?" "Want to see my headstand?" and all five zillion variations of it, LOL Needless to say, the drawings are coming together very s-l-o-w-l-y!

We're also trying to consolidate a lot of our things, and get our house in order, as we would like to move before next year.

I'm hoping tonight to have an hour to just look at everyone's blogs, and see everyone's goodies. Nothing boosts morale like a bit of candy for the eyes!

Here is my favorite eye candy...Vince, baby!

10 comments:

Jodi Ohl said...

How cool to be asked to illustrate a book :) Have fun doing it despite the interuptions--I know how that is for sure!

Enjoy your weekend!

lucy

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the illustrations! that's wonderful! I know what you mean the minute it is school holidays your own work goes on hold. Now Vince baby is a little bit cute but nothing on Johnny Depp (sigh)

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

ha ha ha i am crackin up laughin at the Mermaid and Crab thing. That sounds just like Sam. Kids are soooo funny.
I know what you mean about getting stuff done.....seems like it'll never happen ! It will but. hey thats so cool about the book!!!!

Soldier on kiddo!

Luv ya always!
shann xo

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Congratulations on being asked to illustrate a book!!!! That is so cool!!

Vince Vaughn!!!!! That is one beautiful man! :-)

yours truly said...

I love your site and can't wait to see your illustrations! My first visit was so fun! Thank you.

Lori said...

that is just awesome that you were asked to illustrate a book, very very cool!!! congratulations!!!

Elizabeth Gwen Originals said...

Hey stranger! Call me!

Flea Market Queen said...

So glad you stopped by...
Love your blog name as I LOVE frosting & I especially LOVE sparkles!
Your swap buddy...

. said...

Vince .... yummy ;--)

Michelle Legler said...

Hey Miss Frosting and Sparkles!!! How are you???? Glad to have a minute to check in on you!!!
Kisses!!!