Saturday, October 6, 2007

The one where I exhibit ADHD

LOL I think many artists have just a touch of ADHD, I know that when I get overwhelmed, creating and being Mommy and Wife and Daughter, my poor little brain goes into overdrive. I always feel like no matter what I'm doing, I'm putting off doing something else that's more pressing.

Working on my art? Isn't there a Science Project due?

Making a nice dinner (with real potatoes instead of instant, LOL) Shouldn't I be washing uniforms?

Hosting the 9000th birthday party of the year in my kitchen? The kids all need to have a bath and be in bed in 45 minutes

I wonder what I'd do with myself if I didn't have 30 things to focus on...I'd probably sit and worry about what the heck I should do, and then end up doing nothing *giggle*

Anyhoo, I haven't been here in a week, I have missed out on so much goodness, yummy pictures, gorgeous artwork, I can't wait to visit everyone's blogs! I've been so busy creating for my show, and trying to get everything ready, butI've got my orders shipped out, my auction item is gone, and now I'm here :)

TAGGED TWICE!

Lovely Lucy from Sweet Repeats has given me the Nice Matters Award (sniffle) That was just lovely, Lucy has a gorgeous blog, her mixed media pieces are so spectacular, and she is a darling as well. Thanks hunny!!

In return, I tag LIZ, whose enchanting tutus, twirl skirts (OMG her twirl skirts) and DROP DEAD GORGEOUS purses make me so happy, and who is also having sweet baby #4! Brave girl!
I also tag SHANNON who is my darling friend, love her goodies, her cakes, her shabby chic style, she is just a love! Next we have TOOTIE She was the first person that I commented to in blogland, and the first to comment to me. She does just beautiful work, and is a great girl!


I was also tagged by Monica to do the Seven Random Things about me Here goes nothing!

1. I started dating my husband when I was 16
2. I love to sing, and act and dance!! I even keep karaoke CD's in my car
so that when I'm alone, I can sing!

3. I took improv at Second City (where all of my childhood idols started out) with
my Aunt Edie and cousin Lisa a couple of years ago. I have never had so much
fun in my life!
4. I have had Gastric Bypass surgery
5. I have HUGE feet, I wear a size 10, sometimes an 11!
6. I would rather make art than go out on the town!
7. My husband warns my kids not to stand still too long, "Or Mom will end up
painting you." LOL

OK, I tag my buds Michelle Legler, Mary Timme, Shelley , Laura and Aleta I always love reading what these awesome ladies have to say, and I look up to all of them.

Lots of pictures soming up, I've made 12 ATC's, a few dozen altered vintage ornaments, a few new cupcake pieces... Lots of random thoughts in this post!

14 comments:

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Ohmigawd you are sooo awesome and cool and i luv ya bunches! Thanks for thinking of me and i take my award oh so proudly and shyly...NOT i am shoutin it out loud! Oh but who can hear me over YOUR SINGING !!!!

HA HA HA you funny girl. I would love to see (and hear) you singing your lungs out in the car like no-ones watching, and who cares if they are anyway!!! We all do it dont we :)

You sound like you've been a busy lil' bee too....dont forget to stop and smell the roses and eat a cupcake (but remember DONT lick your fingers when making Fake ones...NEVER a good idea) or TWO.

Ok i have finished my random-ness here.....you must be rubbing off on me.....

LUV LUV LUV YA
xo

Peta said...

I find there is never enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do as opposed to all the things I need to do!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thank you for the tag! I'm hoping to do it this week! I loved your seven random things...

Jodi Ohl said...

I feel the same way, always something else to do while I'm doing what I'm doing..LOL (as I hang my head for making instant mashed potatoes tonite :) because I was too busy cleaning up my art mess the entire day to make real ones!

I LOVE to karaoke!! I even got a machine one Christmas (fairly recently..LOL). Most of the time though, it's after I've had a couple of adult drinks that I want to bring out the machine! :)

Can't wait to see all the goodies you've made!

lucy

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

I am so like you with my brain in over drive!! lol. always something to do! loved learning more about you!!!

kari and kijsa said...

Okay- so we loved each and every thought we traveled all the way through to get to the comment box! The distraction of the six children between the two of us (youngest just turned three!), painting, creating, writing, and then becomming addicted to blogging and stumbling across wonderful sites like yours has us dizzy! Let us know if you find time to just sit and giggle- we will join you!!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Michelle Legler said...

I totally Agree!! I'm almost positive that I have one of those A.D.'s or H.D.'s or ABCDEFG's....oh wait....that's not one of them. Anyhoo, you get the picture.
Ugh! you tagged me. Now I gotta add that to my list of things to do.....hmmmmm.......where did I put that list??? See? I'm afflicted! lol
Take care! xoxo
Michelle

Lori said...

wow! you surely sound like you have been very very busy!! i love your #6, me TOO! and #7 very funny...you wouldn't really do that, would you? maybe just a lil' glitter?

Anonymous said...

How true, we multi-tasking-ever-on-the-go women are all alike! When we're doing one thing, we've already got ten more tasks lined up. LOL Just be sure to take care of yourself in the midst of it all! ...Looking forward to your pictures, when you have time!...

Monica said...

Love your hubbyc comment about painting your kids, too funny!

Scrappy Moments said...

LOL, I think I am that way to, I get so easily distracted and the days just go by way to fast. Beautiful Creations, I am just in awe of your blog and creativity, Love all the cupcakes :)

Angie
www.scrapnmomsmoments.blogspot.com

Pearl Maple said...

Congrats on the nice matters award, so well deserved. You post so many wonderful creative things to your blog it is always a fun moment in my day to stop by here to see what new things you have found to share.

Sandra Evertson said...

Cute, Cute cake boxes!
Sandra Evertson

Jacqui said...

Well, Hey there you. Thanks for coming by my Live Journal. First of all I definitely agree with the ADHD thing, I've been diagnosed with it and so has my son and we are both extremely creative and super sensitive and empathic. I'm totally curious about your surgery but because I do have ADD I will more than likely forget to come back and check to see if you reply here. I don't think size 10 and/or 11 is huge. I have the same size. I mean I wish I was a nine or something. I think my Mom is a seven and a half, the lucky girl, but maybe big feet indicate something wonderful, and HUGE today is probably something like a thirteen. I have been wanting to take improv with The Groundlings or another comedy troupe here in LA for ages. I have had sooooo much acting training and it always included improv, but I want to get back out there again and flex my muscles. I miss it. I wonder if there is a Second City branch in LA. I don't think so. Surgery wise I'm wondering if you had the bypass and the band, which is what I've got going on now, or if you have one or the other and how you're doing. Okay, me go. I have to get some sleep or I'll never beat this cold. I get my first fill on Tuesday, yeay, can't wait to feel as unhungry as I did that first year after my R&Y, although I hated how much older I looked when I lost so much weight and everything was sagging, including my chin and all the other parts. Hugs, Jacqui XOXO